Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2017

Triple Track Trip

On Saturday, I railfanned from sunrise until after dark on UP's Kearney Sub, a portion of which is the famous "triple track mainline," known to be the busiest freight-only mainline in the entire continent. It was a bit dead for a couple hours (I ONLY caught 6 trains in 2 hours at one point), but overall, the action did not disappoint. Here are a few pictures and all of the videos I shot. Among my most notable catches were the CN sand train with a UP engine slapped in front due to cab signals, 3 patched CNWs (only caught 2), an intermodal with a Ferromex GEVO and 2 CSX DPUs, and UP 7400, the breat cancer awareness unit.




The following pictures are just a few of the many I took this day.













And to close out this post, here is the famous tourist trap in Kearney, NE. The Great Platte River Archway Monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment