Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Trainz: A New Era


That image is the image used for the startup menu. I wanted to use a screenshot that I took of Kickstarter County, one of the built-in routes, but since there is no find-able SCREENSHOTS FOLDER, I had to settle for that.

Because I pre-ordered for the release in February, I got to be a part of the final beta phase for the game. I am aware that this is a beta, but COME ON. There are bugs all over, such as content not downloading from the new (ugly) content manager, a keyboard/mouse delay of 1 second, and occasionally, crashing. It got to the point, both from bugs and awful new features, that I didn't even bother starting the train up in the Kickstarter County session.

Another issue that has NOTHING to do with the fact that this is a beta, the built-in content. It is worse than the selection in TS2010. And there was no fun in trying to build a route with just the content that was built-in. And I can't download new content thanks to the downloading issue mentioned earlier in this post. It would have been nice if they had included a route that is, you know, set from 1990-present. I enjoyed TS12 because of the Mojave Sub, which can be used in any time period, and the Jointed Rail and ATLS content that was built in. TANE has the ATLS equipment, but nothing ATLS compatible to hook up the ATLS equipment too! Not even any crossings!

I am very well aware that this is a beta, and that they will hopefully fix most of the horrific bugs that I have noticed. But right now, I am not impressed with not only the bugs, but with the stuff that is supposed to be there (content, etc.) Maybe they will fix that too. We can only hope it is all fixed by the time I get the boxed copy in February. Thanks Auran for trying and succeeding with some of the stuff that you have accomplished with this game, but there are some things that are not necessary.

~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment